Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer Adventures~Exploring Wichita




Summer-the season for friends, ice cream, and late nights. It's also the days of wandering aimlessly and exploring new places. This summer I decided to find the hidden and even the not-so-hidden treasures of Wichita. Here are stories of my recent adventures:
This summer I have been watching 2 girls who have joined me on some of my adventures. We walked through Botanica and played in the Children's Garden. This was a fun place to stretch our legs and take in God's beauty. The Children's Garden has a lot of fun interactive stations for young and restless kids to run free and be able to touch and explore everything in their sight! 


When I am not with the 2 girls I have been spending my time catching up with friends. I visited Reverie for the first time and ordered a latte which was really delicious and artfully decorated. Some other coffee shops that are unique to Wichita are Meads, Doughnut Whole, Verita, and Hurts Donuts. These have all been great places to relax, drink coffee and have a discussion with a friend.
One of my favorite places that I have been to this summer is the Keeper of the Plains. I love the feeling of crossing the bridge and looking out across the water to see the beautiful skyline of the city that I have grown up in. Sitting down by the rocks, listening to the two rivers join together and flow down to the next stop is one of my favorite pastimes while I am there. It always fills me with pride to visit this statue that was made specifically for Wichita. (Also don't forget to look for the troll) 

These are just a few of the places that Wichita has to offer. I feel like I have barely scraped the surface of all that Wichita is hiding and I can't wait to unveil the rest. The memories that I have made at each of these places I will cherish forever and always remember the pride that I have for living in this beautiful city. 

with love,
Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment