Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Such a Time as This

This month the girls of my youth group decided to start a Bible study about Esther. When we all came to an agreement to study the book of Esther I was so excited. Esther is one of my favorite role models out of the Bible and I was ready to start digging deeper with some of my closest friends. One reason I love the story of Esther is the story of God’s perfect timing. When Esther and all the other virgins in the kingdom were ordered to the king their chances of being chosen were very slim. Actually there were only a few aristocratic families that were usually chosen from. The fact that the king noticed Esther and wanted to make her queen right away was already amazing, but I love that God made all this happen because he knew that there would need to be someone with power to save his people, the Jews. My favorite verse out of Esther is 4:13-14 “he sent back this answer: Do you think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this.” It always reminds me that God has a purpose for everything he does in your life and even if you feel like you are stuck in a rut or feel insignificant remember, God never leaves you! If you have never read the entire story of Esther I encourage you to open up the Old Testament and take some time to dive in and really focus on the story and maybe share your findings with other people. I would love to hear about your findings and how your group discussions go as well. Also if you have any questions about Esther or how to start a bible study I can certainly try my hardest to answer them! Happy Reading!

With Love,
Caroline 


No comments:

Post a Comment