Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Study Tips + Organization | Katie



Studying can be someone's worst nightmare-I know it's mine! I believe the key to studying is staying organized so that you have everything you need when it comes time for that test. Make sure you are taking notes and actually paying attention in class. Also it is always good to keep your previous assignments so if you need to look back for reference you can do so. Here are a few tips that will hopefully make studying a bit easier this upcoming school year. 

Tip #1-Make a List
Put things that are most important at the top so you aren't wasting your time. This tip is simple yet effective. 



Tip #2-Have a Calendar
Having a digital calendar is great but I find that having a visual calendar is more beneficial to me. Having a visual calendar is easier because I can hang it up in my room where it will be seen more often. This is helpful when I have upcoming due dates because I can plan out my studying time wisely on my calendar. Your visual calendar does not have to be fancy, I usually just print mine off of Google but, it can also be turned into a fun DIY project. Sometimes making the calendar cute and fun makes using it sound more appealing!

Photo by: http://www.bandittapegun.com/category-1/diy-dry-erase-calendar/

Tip #3- Actually Studying 
 My favorite way to study is making note-cards. I make a note-card for everything whether it is learning Spanish words or definitions for science class. After I have studied my note-cards I try to make a quiz to test myself on how well I actually know the information. A couple years ago I found Quizlet. It has the tools to help you make note-cards, learn the note-cards, play games with the information, and then it builds a test for you to take. I encourage you to download this app or check it out on the internet if you ever need any help studying.

I hope that at least one of these tips will help you in some way this upcoming school year to stay on task and try your best. I wish you the best school year yet and that you will make memories that will last forever. Make sure you check back every day this week for more back to school posts! 
XOXO
Katie :)
Follow

2 comments: