Sunday, August 9, 2015

Getting More for Less & My 5 Essentials | Katie

Cha-Ching! Are you ever in the situation where you feel like you are spending more than you are buying? This thought usually rises to my attention when i'm back to school shopping! Take it from a fellow shopaholic, getting home and seeing that you didn't buy as much as you had thought is a terrible, awful feeling. This post is going to give you a clue as to how to get more for less and to leave you looking fabulous. 

Scenario: You walk into a store and the first thing you see is the most gorgeous top ever. You walk over in awe to get a closer look. Unfortunately the only thing that captures your attention is the pricetag. Ugh. Something you want so badly to be able to afford but you know that you just can't. There is a reason as to why this is happening. Stores have many ways to trick you into spending more money! One of them is putting the most expensive things in the front so they are the first things you see. Something to try: Walk straight to the back to the store. Start shopping from the back and make your way up. You will find yourself getting much more than you had previously intended.

“So before you choose something, think of yourself wearing it, say to yourself, is this me?” 
-Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side. I think the key to any kind of shopping is buying what you feel confident in.When you are back to school shopping I think that it is important to focus on something that you love and not what is popular. Buy things that suit you and your style. If you just own it and be confident, it won't matter if it's not the latest trend. 
 GIF by: Tumblr
Buying simple things is crucial when back to school shopping. You can mix and match, layer, accessorize, dress up, or dress down basic articles of clothing. For instance buying a plain white t-shirt would create so many outfit options. You could wear it with jeans for a casual outfit, with leggings for a comfortable outfit, or with a skirt for a dressy outfit. Here are a few essential things that might inspire you on your shopping spree:

  •  Plain t-shirts~Whether they are white, black, red, or blue, get some that are comfortable and are a perfect fit!
  • Some kind of denim~ It could be a chambray, a jean jacket, or even a pair of overalls! Trust me, anyway you decide to wear these, it will be super cute! They match with almost everything and can really amp up your outfit.
  • A statement necklace~I don't know about you, but I am 110% a jewelry person! And statement necklaces have been the most helpful things to me when I'm pulling together an outfit. They can dress it up or down, add a pop of color, or step-up your style. 
  • A GOOD pair of jeans~I can not stress enough how much you need a good pair of jeans. Making sure they fit you everywhere is vital. Bonus points: Get some that are super comfy! I usually buy mine at American Eagle because they have such great quality and they fit really well.
  • Shoes that go with everything~ It's 6:30 A.M. and I have the cutest outfit picked out. I've eaten, brushed my teeth, and fixed my hair. All that's left is picking out a great pair of shoes. But I don't have anything to match my rockin' outfit. I think it's necessary to have a good pair of shoes that match everything. Some of my favorites are white Keds or Converse, a brown pair of boots, and some black heels or flats



Shopping at the back of the store and moving up, staying confident, and getting the essentials are just a few tips I have for you! I anticipate that you will have an awesome school year and make memories that will last forever! I hope our Back to School week long series helped you in some way and that you continue to follow 2 Blondes & a Redhead in the future. 
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Bloglovin' and like our facebook page for updates on our blog! Our next post will be on Wednesday the 12th of August. 
XOXO
Katie
  Click here if you missed any of the back to school posts.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment