Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Day in the Life of a Homeschooler


You may already know that I am homeschooled. I have been homeschooled since I was in 4th grade.My oldest brother Lucas was homeschooled the year before and my mom liked it so much that she wanted us all to be at home. These past 3 years of homeschooling have been wonderful! My favorite part about being homeschooled is having more flexibility in my schedule. Also, my brother Andrew and I spend a lot more time together. We have invented our own games to play both outside and inside.  The both of us do a great deal of the same schoolwork so we have learned to work together better. On a normal school day we wake up at about 8:00am. Sometimes my whole family eats breakfast together and we have a morning devotion. Caroline, my oldest sister and fellow blogger, will go back to her room and work on her school. Lucas will go to his school. Dad will head off to work.  Andrew and I will start on math with mom. This year for math I will be doing a curriculum called Life of Fred. Each lesson is a funny story about a character named Fred that somehow leads to learning about math. After that, we start reading. Some of the books we are going to be reading this year include Out of the Dust, Dear Mr. Henshaw, and Guests. My brother and I might go outside and play around with a ball for our recess or when mom needs a break.  Our lunch is normally around noon. The menu is usually a sandwich, spaghetti, or chicken  nuggets. After lunch we complete whatever schoolwork we have left for the rest of that day. On some days I have practice or a game whether it's basketball or volleyball or a track meet. Other days I finish school and play a board game with my mom or Andrew. That's the end of my school day! Fun, huh? Homeschooling has been a marvelous opportunity for me. Have a great school year!
                                                                                          

   - Anna Banana



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment