Sunday, August 23, 2015

Namaste | Katie

http://www.hotasanayogastudio.com/


This weekend I went out of my comfort zone and did something very different! My friend Chloe and I went to hot yoga. If you weren't sure what hot yoga is, it's an instructed yoga class with a spin to it. The class is heated which allows you to push your mind and body to the limit!
When we first walked in it was about 82 degrees. As the class went on the temperature rose. I kept a close eye on the thermometer throughout the class just so I would have my facts straight for the blog post! The final temperature was about 96 degrees. And let me tell you, it was HOT!
There was sweat dripping from my whole body. Even my elbows, which I didn't even know could sweat. My whole body was drenched; it felt like I had just gotten out of a swimming pool. The glass mirror was fogged up and my fingers were even wrinkled.
In the beginning they started it out with us laying down and just breathing. After everyone had kind of warmed up we moved on to some more challenging poses. Downward dog, warrior, and pigeon pose (my favorite!) were just a few of the poses we got to learn. The most challenging part was at the end when the temperature was at it's highest point and my whole body was shaking.
The class ended with "Final Savasana" which is just laying there with our eyes closed. This gave us time to kind of just breathe and cool down. And the best part, one of the instructors came and put a freezing cold towel on everyone's head.
Hot yoga was a great experience and something you should definitely think about trying! The class was super challenging and I think that's why I loved it so much! It is something I will definitely be doing again. What is the most out-of-the-box workout you've every done?
For more information click this link here: http://www.hotasanayogastudio.com/


XOXO
Katie :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so awesome! I will have to try it sometime for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove hot yoga but haven't had the time lately to take any classes!

    ReplyDelete